Venue – Darmstadtium – Congress Center Darmstadt
The 14th SPAWC will take place at the Congress Center of Darmstadt called Darmstadtium.
Here you can have a look at the homepage of the location of SPAWC 2013: How to find Darmstadtium
Description of SPAWC 2013 in Darmstadtium „Calendar of events“
Arriving by car (main route):
Approaching from the A67 (E451) or A5 (E35) motorways:
- Leave the A5 at the motorway exit „Darmstadt Mitte“.
- Approaching from the south:
- alternatively approach on the A67, follow the signs for „Darmstadt“ and likewise take the next exit „Darmstadt Mitte“.
- Both routes take you onto the feeder road to the city centre, which later becomes Rheinstraße (B26). Follow the signs to the „darmstadtium“ or „Aschaffenburg“ (B26).
- After the City-Tunnel turn left at the next traffic light (signposted).
- Drive straight ahead until you reach the 2nd traffic light. On the right you can already see the „darmstadtium“. Turn right at the traffic light into Alexanderstraße and then at the end of the congress centre turn right into the underground car park.
- Alternatively at the traffic light at the junction with Alexanderstraße you can also turn left and then right into the car park „Karolinenplatz/palace/darmstadtium“ just a few metres further on. Follow the signs to the „darmstadtium“ in the car park. The car parks are connected.
Arriving by rail/Air Liner express bus service from Frankfurt International Airport:
- You can reach the congress centre in just five minutes using the public transport services departing from Darmstadt main station (Hauptbahnhof), which is also served by ICE high speed trains. Bus and tram services run to and from the central bus station (Zentraler Omnibusbahnhof, ZOB), which is located near the main entrance on the east side of the station. The tram routes no.'s 2 and 3 and the bus routes F and H take you directly to the darmstadtium (use the stop called „Schloss“).
- Darmstadt Ostbahnhof (east station) is an important railway hub between Frankfurt and the Odenwald region and is just 800 m away from the darmstadtium. You can also use the bus routes K55 and L (in the direction of the main station „Hauptbahnhof“) and get off at the stop called „Schloss“.
- The „Airliner“ express bus service operates to Darmstadt from Frankfurt International Airport. It stops both at Terminal 1, at „Tor 3“ (gate 3), and at Terminal 2 of the airport. The frequent service runs 30 times per day. In Darmstadt, the Airliner serves the stops „Mina-Rees-Straße“, „Heinrich-Hertz-Straße“ (at the Maritim Rhein-Main-Hotel) and „Hauptbahnhof“. Bus and tram connections to the darmstadtium operate from Darmstadt main station (F-bus, H-bus and various trams, please, see above).
The conference will take place in the rooms of the 3rd floor: